Monday 5 March 2012

Jetstar Asia 3K681 SIN-KUL Trip report

Welcome to my Trip Report on Jetstar Asia! 


Carrier: Jetstar Asia
Flight number:
Date: 3rd March 2012
Routing: SIN-KUL
Seat number: 9A
Aircraft type: Airbus A320-232
My 8th ride on this aircraft type and 5th airline to be flying the Airbus A320
1st time on 9V-JSL
Engines: 2x IAE V2527-A5
Line number: 4786
Plane delivered: 02-08-2011
Registration: 9V-JSL
Flight duration: 40 mins
Schedule departure time: 0705
Actual departure time: 0715
Schedule arrival time: 0800
Actual arrival time: 0805
FL: 240
Load factor for Y class: 95%
Departure gate: D38
Arrival gate: C33
Departure runway: 02L
Arrival runway: 32L

Introduction

I wanted to book with China Airlines to Taipei, but when I did some dummy booking with EVA Air. I was quite interested in flying to TPE from KUL as it was to be operated by B744 (I thought it was the passenger version). Furthermore, the price was cheap, only S$520 return, much cheaper flying out of Singapore and I paid only $116 return with Jetstar Asia. So with the decision settled, I did my booking with EVA Air first, the aircraft turned out to be 744 Combi and then with Jetstar Asia which was my preferred choice since it uses the KLIA airport. Later on, I found out that another 3 aviation enthusiasts and a parent would be going on this flight as well. That's great, its good to have company on the same flight.




From left to right: (June, Terence and Calvin)




From left to right: (June, Me(Charles) and Terence)

Booking online

Jetstar's website is easy to use and there is no problem with it. As a Low-Cost Carrier, there are lots of surcharges, but still worth it if you are on a budget. I would give this website a 9/10 for the experience.

Photos before flight











Start of our journey

The 5 of us were seated in different rows, with me sitting in front. Boarding was on time and in an orderly manner. Lots of sleepy faces were spotting, not surprisingly as it was an early departure. I suppose most of them are going to Malaysia for vacation and would want to make full use of their time there. Push back was on time and soon we made our way to runway 02L for departure. Here are some of the photos I took.



















Service onboard

The Captain was friendly and gave us some info about our flight details, a bit bumpy in the middle of our flight. A short duration of 35 mins was expected and the flight indeed went past very quickly. The cabin crews consist of 3 members. 2 guys and a lady. They were professional and the lady paid more a lot of attention to the couple with a baby who was in the same row as me. Great service from her definitely. Her smiles despite such an early hour definitely helped liven up the mood around.

Seat comfort

Even though the seats are a cramp, I managed quite well without difficulty. As it was a short flight, I took the window seat. However I don't think I would be able to handle flights more than 2 hours though, would have taken an aisle seat if that was the case. The leather seat was very comfortable just like Air Asia's. Definitely better than Tiger Airway's, that's for sure.

Conclusion

I am overall happy with this flight. Better service and seat product comparing with the flight I had with this airline a few years ago. I would recommend this airline for anyone who just wants to get to their destination asap. Is it worth paying more for legroom space? I would think so.

Rating of the flight


Service on board: 8/10
Seat comfort: 7/10
Legroom space: 6/10
Aircraft condition: 8/10
Seating presentation: 8/10

Overall rating: B

Thank you for reading my trip report.

Best Regards,
Charles Ryan Teo

No comments:

Post a Comment