I am pleased to introduce a new parter: Airmodels.net

728x90 - Popular Military Aircraft

Tuesday 13 August 2024

Hotel Review: Aurika - Mumbai City - Luxury by Lemon Tree Hotel

 Welcome to my hotel review in Mumbai! 


The hotel (Photo: Aurika - Mumbai City by Lemon Tree) 


The view of swimming pool surrounded by the 2 blocks of the hotel. 


Introduction 

The reason why I picked the hotel near the airport was because of the warning I received of floodings at certain parts of this city and to prevent myself getting stuck in a situation, I decided to stay not far from the airport just in case. I did a bit of searching and this hotel was my clear first choice, not only was it nearby, the price was affordable for this 5-star hotel. This hotel ends up being my best stay in India, do read on to find out why. So like any other hotel reviews, I will give you a rough idea what to expect staying in this hotel. 

Background of the hotel 

This hotel is strategically located near the Mumbai Airport, Andheri Railway Station and metro stations to provide convenience for travellers to enjoy their stay and travel to the city with ease. The hotel showcases the history of the city's mid-century interior which brings back memories of the 1940s and 1950s. This is to pay tribute to the iconic buildings of the old Mumbai and the golden era of the fliming industry in this city. This 5-star hotel offers a good variety of amenities and facilities to enhance the comfort and convenience of the guest's stay. These 669 rooms consists of both the standard and suites and is kept to the highest standard under the management of Lemon Trees Hotels. 

Location 

The fastest way to get to the hotel is taking the Uber ride from the airport (Terminal 2 for this case) to the hotel which takes about 10 minutes or so depending on the traffic. To get to the uber pick-up point, you need to exit the terminal and connect to the next building (leading to the car park) to the 4th level. Once on the 4th floor, you need to cross the road which leads to the car park area where you see the signs leading to the waiting area. The driver may notify you where to meet. 

There isn't anywhere to walk outside of the hotel so you need to get a transport to go wherever you wish to go. 


Photos of the hotel interior 

The lobby area


The reception area 


Lift lobby 


The room corridor 


I booked the Deluxe King Room and was lucky to have my room upgraded with a city view instead of a pool view. 

This comfortable room comes with the following amenities:

- high-speed WiFi (Up to 4 devices) 
- 2 bottles of water 
- a good selection of tea and coffee is available (complimentary)
- ironing board 
- hairdryer 
- bathrobe 
- Electric Kettle 
- Refrigerator 
- wall sockets 
- Sofa Chair 
- Working Table 
- Flat-Screen TV with satellite channels

The view of the room from the entrance


What's inside the toilet? 


Only shower is available in this room type.


There is also a ceiling fan which I didn't use as the air-con is enough. 


It is a nice and cozy room and I enjoyed lying on the sofa chair relaxing and also did my zoom class with my students. 


The view of the room from the sofa chair. 


With the curtains opened, a good amount of natural light brightens up the room. 


The switch button and usb port 


The King Size bed 

I slept well on this bed. 


The photo of the wall showing off the history of Indian flim industry in the past. 


The wardrobe includes a safebox. 


Twining tea bags with sugar and milk. 


These bottle of waters are complimentary, you can request for more if needed. What I like about these glass bottles is they will be reused instead of being thrown away, good for the environment.


Shampoo, condition and shower gel 


Hairdryer 


Toilet amenities such as showering cap, toothbrush ..etc 


The window view

Look at how gloomy the weather is! 


At that time, it was raining most of the time. 


Facilities of the hotel 

A fitness centre

It is quite large and has the equipments I need to work out. 



Quite impressive, right? 



This is a mini bar by the pool side. 


Swimming pool 


Mirasa Restaurant 

I had my breakfast and dinner at this restaurant and I enjoyed my meals although the price was on a higher end side. 


I like the ambiance of the restaurant with windows allowing natural light in. 


This is Indian's popular drink, Lassi, a Punjabi Yogurt and I chose the sweet option (salt is the other).


I can't remember what soup is this but it was tasty. 


I had the Mutton Briyani for dinner. 


Complimentary dessert for me! Thank you, hotel staff. 


This is what I had for hotel breakfast. As the price of the breakfast didn't include breakfast, I paid about 1300 rupees for the buffet breakfast. 



Other facilities 

- Spa and wellness centre
- Salon 
- 3 meeting rooms (Aurum 1, Aurora 1 and Aurora 2)
- Tea Lounge 
- Ariva Restaurant 

This is the lobby level near the reception.



The entrance to my hotel. There is a convention centre besides the hotel. For cars to enter this hotel, they need to pass through security which is good. 



This is the other end of the lobby level. I waited over here for a while before calling for Uber to take me to the airport. 


This is the tea lounge. 


With that, my review of this hotel has come to an end! 


Hope you enjoyed this review! 

My ratings 

Location: 6/10
Hotel Staff: 8/10
Room Ambiance: 9/10
Cleanliness: 10/10 
Bed Comfort: 10/10 
Shower: 10/10 
Value for $$: 9/10 
Overall rating: 62/70
Percentage: 89%

Final thoughts 

July is probably the off-peak period for tourists visiting this country due to the monsoon period and I was fortunate that the hotel was not completely full so there are some previlages that I was fortunate to receive, such as a room upgrade and also given the green light to do a late check-out. Usually you can make this request if the occupancy of the hotel is not full and it is normally easier if you have status with the hotel. 

My two-night stay at this hotel went past very quickly and I can say it is my favourite hotel among the ones I stayed in this country so far. It it valued for money? Yes and I won't hestiate to return to this hotel especially it is close to the airport. With a metro station not far away from the hotel or the option of using Uber, it is easily accessible to other parts of the city but if you are busy with meetings, this hotel has the facilities and more importantly food at the restaurants to cover your needs during the stay especially if the weather is bad. 

I give this hotel a thumb up! 

Thanks for reading this review. 

For my next trip report (Air India Express Boeing 737 MAX 8 (BLR-HYD), click here.

Have a good one!
Charles 

No comments:

Post a Comment