I am pleased to introduce a new parter: Airmodels.net

728x90 - Popular Military Aircraft

Thursday 24 October 2024

Hotel Review: Ramada Plaza By Wyndham Chennai

 Welcome to my hotel review on Hotel Ramada in Chennai! 


The entrance to the hotel 



Introduction 

I wanted to stay at a hotel near the airport so that I didn't have to rush to the airport for the morning departure on my last domestic flight to Delhi. So looking at my options, Ramada Plaza Hotel was my first choice and I decided to stay in some where nicer to end my last few nights in India. Checking the price of the hotel, it was reasonably priced due to the low season so I went ahead to make my reservation via a 3rd party. 

About Wyndham Hotels & Resorts

Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is an American company formed in June 2018 started buiding the hotel franchises in 1990 with the founding of HFS (Hospitality Franchism Systems). By 1995, this company had acquired a lot of branding including Ramada and 2 years later, the HFS was merged with CUC International to form Cendant Corporation. The Blackstone Group owned the Wyndham Hotel branding and was bought over by Ccendant Corporation in 2005 and then continue to grow its hotel portfolio by acquiring more brands. At this moment, this group has 24 hotel brandings which own more than 9,200 hotels worldwide. 

Location of the hotel 

This is the map from the airport to the hotel. 


The address of the hotel is 36, Sarder Patel Road, Little Mount, Guindy, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600032, India. 

For the location of the hotel on the map, click here

Interior of the hotel 

This is the hotel lobby. 


The interior brings me back fond memories of the past. 


Taking the lift up. 


This is my floor level. 


The interior of the hotel from my hotel room level. 


This is a business service desk which is free for use for hotel guests. 


Facilities/Amenities

- Restaurant 
- Car Rental
- Mini business service desk 
- Swimming Pool (Indoor and Outdoor)
- Mini-Bar (Chargable)
- BBQ Grills 
- Fitness Centre
- Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer 
- Balcony (Some rooms only)
- Full Kitchen (Some rooms only)
- Lounge/Bar

This is the outdoor swimming pool, located at the roof level.  


The swimming pool was closed at that time (2100 hrs). 


You are able to enjoy the view of the city from the roof top. 



I had my dinner at the restaurant on the roof top, the food was quite tasty. 


Fitness centre 


At the lobby level, this restaurant is where it serves breakfast. 


It was buffet style and I opted for the local food which I always enjoy. 


The room interior and amenities 

This is the standard King room which is adequate for me. 


The room is comfortable and cozy and I was happy with the quality of the bed. 


Another view of the room. 


The hotel room toilet 


Shower is easy to use which comes with good shampoo/conditioner and shower gel.


The snacks are chargable but the water bottles are complimentary. 


My working space. 


Shortcut buttons to adjust the room lighting. 


I paid about S$225 for the 2-night stay. 

My ratings 

Location: 6/10
Hotel Staff: 8/10 
Hotel Room Ambiance: 7/10 
Cleanliness: 10/10 
Bed Comfort: 8/10 
Shower: 10/10
Value for $$: 8/10
Overall Rating: 57/70
Percentage: 81%

Conclusion 

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Although the hotel is old and some of the furnitures have seen better days, I find the stay to be comfortable and more importantly, I was able to get some good rest and work done during my time there. To get to other parts of the city was not difficult as I rely heavily on Uber and if you are looking for a cheaper mode of transport, there is a metro station not too far away. You are also able to stretch your legs and enjoy a short walk to nearby the hotel, no safety issues as the hotel is located along the main road. As for the ride to the hotel from the airport and vice versa, it  should not take longer than 20 minutes, all depends on the traffic. 

Hope you enjoy this short review! 

If you are happy with my work, feel free to contribute by donating any amount over here. Greatly appreciated! 

Have a good one! 
Charles 

No comments:

Post a Comment