Friday 1 September 2023

Airport Lounge Review: Copa Club Panama Tocumen International Terminal 2 Lounge

 Welcome to my Lounge Review of Copa Airlines's lounge at PTY Terminal 2! 


Introduction 

This lounge was opened in September 2022, just a few months after Panama's PTY airport terminal 2 was opened. I am delighted to be able to visit this lounge and do this review and more importantly, experience it for myself. The lounge is located near the security checkpoint and it is easily accessible by using the escalator located nearby. 

Unfortunately during this time for me, the airport only offered 30 minutes of WiFi a day and I would be there for like 7 hours but luckily for me, this lounge offers high-speed complimentary WiFi and I was able to use wherever I am in the lounge or nearby. As I didn't use the mobile data at this airport, I had to rely heavily on the lounge's wifi and that was inconvenient.

Anyway, let's take a look at the lounge.

Location of Copa Club at PTY Terminal 2


Amenities at this lounge 

- Beverages and limited snacks

- Family room 

- Bar 

- Business Centre 

- Quiet room 

- 4 Private Office (Fully enclosed)

- Entertainment room 

- Family room 

- Luggage Storage 

- Showers 

Photos of the lounge 


The lounge is beautifully designed from the entrance to the inside, I have to say I am quite impressed.


This lounge is opened to all Copa Airlines business class passengers and Star Alliance Gold members. In addition, this lounge also acts as a contract lounge for several other non-star alliance airlines such as Iberia, KLM and Air France. Priority Pass members are also accepted in this lounge.


This lounge has a capacity of around 1,900 square meters and can host up to 420 guests. Fortunately for me, I didn't have to experience a full capacity during my visit. I would say it was about 70% at the beginning and slowly the numbers went down as there were a lot of departures during the early evening.


You can choose to sit in the indoor area of the lounge or the terrace which overlooks the departure hall. 


This is the view you get at the Copa Club Panama Terrace. 


Some of the seats come with USB charging and power sockets.



It's a great lounge to hang out either by yourself or with company with lots of seating area to choose from. 


There is a bar to enjoy some drinks. 


I spent some time over here resting. 




Unfortunately the snack selection was disappointing. These are mini buns with limited ingredients.


Hot Beverages were available. 


A few other choices of snacks (biscuits, carrot, celery, tomatoes and some sauces to go with vegetables) were available but they were not what I was hoping for. At that point, I was looking for some warm food and I hope they bring them back in the near future. 


This is the entertainment room. 


The showers were located over here but I didn't use it. You need to book with the staff and it is a first come first serve basis. 


The view from my seat. 


This is the business centre where I spent some time getting some work done. 


I can tell you how hungry I was after leaving the lounge. The food was definitely inadequate and at that point of time, I was looking forward to a nice dinner on board my flight. 



To be Continued! 

My rating: 

Location of lounge: 5/5 
Service: 4/5 
Lounge interior: 5/5
Selection of Food and Beverages: 2/5 
WiFi: 5/5 
Facilities: 4/5 
Overall rating: 25/30
Percentage: 83%

Conclusion

Despite the disappointing food selection, I was impressed with the lounge's amenities and even though I didn't use some of them, I am sure the other passengers were satisfied with them especially the showers and quiet area. I was able to get my work done, thanks to the strong wifi and also had a good rest and managed to power up my electronic devices. During my time at the business centre, I was not interrupted and there was no disturbance or invasion of privacy at any point. I hope to see a better food selection on my next visit. As you know flights to the North America and South America can be as long as 7-8 hours so for transiting passengers, this might be a great place to grab some food and drink and do some work before continuing the journey on the next flight. 

Hope you enjoy this short review! 

For my previous trip report with Copa Airlines Boeing 737-700 (BOG to PTY), click here.

For my next trip report with Copa Airlines Boeing 737 MAX 9 (PTY to SCL), click here

Thanks for reading! 
Charles 

No comments:

Post a Comment