Monday 28 August 2023

Airport Lounge Review: Avianca VIP Lounge @ Bogota

 Welcome to Bogota's Avianca Lounge Review! 


Introduction 

Copa Airlines has a lounge at Bogota Airport but I decided to drop by Avianca's lounge (Star Alliance group) since I would be visiting Copa's lounge at Panama City Airport. I was told that for food and beverage selection, this lounge is better. As I had not have my breakfast at that time, coming to this lounge makes more sense.

About the lounge 

This lounge is located at the departure area (airside) of Terminal 1, near to gate 32 and the operating hours of this lounge is from 0400 to 0030 hours. It is reserved for business class travellers, Star Alliance Gold members and high level elite members of Avianca's Lifemiles programme. 

If you are travelling outside this operating hours, you can check out the El Dorado Lounge near gate 47 and it is opened daily, 24 hours. Priority pass members are accepted at that lounge. 

Location of the lounge 

(Near Gate 32) 


Photos of the lounge 

Finding the lounge is not difficult, it just a few minutes walk from the security area. 


Time to enjoy the lounge's facilities. 


What does this lounge offer?  

- Dedicated charging space for Samsung users 

- Seating areas 

-Working Space 

- Strong Wi-Fi connection 

- Buffet 

- Hot and Cold Beverages 

-Lockers 

-Showers 

-Resting area

The lounge isn't big and I was fortunate to access the lounge at the quiet hour. I can imagine how crowded it is during the peak hours. 


It is quite disappointing not able to view outside as you can see how high the windows are but at least there is some natural light brightening up the interior of the lounge. 


There is a decent selection of warm and cold food. There would be a staff assisting you to serve some of the selection of food. Most of the items are self served. 


The quality of the coffee is definitely not as good as the one I had at Santiago LATAM's lounge. 


Personally I feel its better to hang out at this lounge when it is dark outside. 


This is Samsung area, guess this area is not for me! (I am an Apple user). 



There are showers but they were closed during my stay. 

After the tour, I settled down to enjoy my breakfast. 



There are other choices of beverages available. 


I decided to give the coffee a try, nothing to shout about.


This is the children's area.


There are lockers available.


The kids get to relax. 


That's it, it was time to head for my gate. 

My thoughts? The lounge is great for a quick stop-over and avoiding the crowd. While this lounge is not as good as the flagship lounges of other airlines, at least it has the basic amenities such as good Wi-Fi, warm food and working space. Overall, I give this a rating of 6/10.


My ratings 

Location of lounge: 4/5 
Service: 3/5 
Lounge interior: 3/5 
Selection of food and beverages: 4/5 
WiFi: 5/5 
Shower: 0/5 (Not available) 
The lounge's amenities: 3/5 
Overall rating: 22/35
Percentage: 63%

Conclusion 

I was expecting more since this is supposed to be the flagship lounge of Avianca at the homebase. Overall, I find this to be an ordinary lounge but at least there is a good variety of food offering. What is most important to me for airport lounges? Food selection followed by Strong Wi-Fi and then good and comfort seats. Showers and resting areas are nice to have especially waiting overnight for a red-eye flight. 

Hope you enjoy this short lounge review! 

For my previous blog post: Wingo's 737-800 flight (MDE-BOG) trip report, click here.

For my next trip report: Flying with Copa Airlines 737-700 from BOG to PTY, click here.

Thanks for reading! 
Charles 

2 comments:

  1. Hello.
    What are the hours? Can I stay for 5 hours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, the operating hours is from 4 am to 9.30 pm. Usually the staff doesn't check how long you stay so 5 hours at the lounge should be fine.

    ReplyDelete