I am pleased to introduce a new parter: Airmodels.net

728x90 - Popular Military Aircraft

Wednesday 11 September 2024

Airport Lounge Review: Chennai's Terminal 4 TFS Travel Club Lounge

 Welcome to my Chennai's Travel Club Lounge Review! 


This is Terminal 4 - Domestic Lounge in Chennai Airport. 


Introduction 

I have to admit I haven't heard of this lounge until my recent visit. For Chennai airport, this lounge operator is the only one manages the lounges in all the terminals. Flying with Vistara business class allows me the chance to experience how the lounge is like and also to experience the local food which is very much appreciated everywhere I go. Is this lounge better than the Adani lounge in Mumbai, do read on to find out! 

About the Lounge 

This lounge grants access to Business Class and majority of the credit/debit holders and the lounge would have a dedicated section for business class passengers to rest and enjoy their meals. There are 4 domestic lounges in Chennai, with three in Terminal 1 and one in Terminal 4 and this one I am reviewing is the latter. 

Location of the lounge 

The lounge is located at the airside, once you pass security, you can take the stairs or lift to a floor above that level.

Here is the map 


There is quite a bit of empty space (below), turn right and walk to the end and you see the lounge. 



This is the reserved lounge and at this time it was not in operation. 


Facilities of the lounge 

- Buffet style South Indian cuisine
- Separate section for business class travellers
- Bar (drinks are chargeable)
- Charging ports are available at the high tables 
- Dining tables are available 
- Filter Coffee machine (Highly recommended)

My experience 

I managed to grab some delicious food and rest while waiting for my aircraft to arrive. At that time, the lounge was 1/4 full so there were plenty of seats available. However, there is no wifi at the lounge and the only wifi available is the airport wifi so I recommend you to get a esim card from one of the 3rd parties (airalo is recommended). I did get a bit of attention from the staff as I was taking photos of the interior but luckily they didn't stop me from taking more photos, they just asked whether I needed anything. Maybe they thought I was a spy from another airline, but that's not the case, you readers should know. 

What I enjoyed most is the delicious food and the recommended drink (local). Comparing this lounge and the Adani lounge at Mumbai (Domestic), it is difficult to decide which lounge is better as both serve their purposes and that is to provide a comfortable airport experience before departure. 

Entrance of the lounge 

There are 2 entries into this lounge, one of the business class passengers and the other for the eligible cardholders. 


As stated on the display board, the following cardmembers and business class passengers are allowed entry into this lounge. 


Welcome to Chennai's Travel Club Lounge! 


As I was the only J class passenger, I didn't have to wait long before being allowed into the lounge. 


This section is exclusively used for business class passengers. 


I settled down here after my meal to rest for a bit. (Below)


The decoration of the lounge looks nice even though it is standard for domestic lounges. I find it to be adequate for short layovers. 


There are also charging ports at the lamp table. 


Dining tables to enjoy one's meal. 


You are able to enjoy some view of the tarmac while seated at the high table.  


The buffet table - good amount of quality food to enjoy. At that time, I was there in the morning so breakfast was served. 


This is the mini bar area, do note that alcoholic beverages are chargable. 


The lounge became more crowded as there were a few departures happening around the same time as my flight. 


It was nice to enjoy my breakfast while taking in the atmosphere in this lounge. 


A good variety of newspapers was available. 


These are the sofa chairs located at the business class section. Charging ports are available only at the lamp table. 


This is the view I get while seated facing the window.


One last look at the lounge before I exited the lounge. 


Choices of Food

These are the breakfast options 






I settled for the local food options and it was delicious. 


I had some watermelon to end my delicious breakfast. 


Airport Wifi 

As usual, you need to have a registered number in order to log in. 


Once done, I went to my gate and wait for the announcement to board the aircraft. 



My rating: 

Location of Lounge: 4/5 
Staff Service: 3/5
Lounge interior: 4/5 
Selection of Food and Beverages: 3.5/5
WiFi: 0/5 
Shower: Nil 
Resting area: 4/5 
Overall Rating: 18.5/30
Percentage: 62%

Conclusion 

This is a decent lounge, offering a good variety of food to prepare you for your coming flight depending on the length of your flight. While the lounge offers limited amenities, I find it to be adequate and comfortable as long as it is not crowded. Like the Adani lounge, there are separate sections for both the credit/debit card holders and Business class passengers so that's a good thing as business class passengers get the priority and I suspect if the capacity of the lounge reaches it's limit, business class passengers will probably get the priority to access the lounge. As I have only visit 2 lounges in India, the other at Adani Lounge in Mumbai Airport, this lounge gets the slight edge in my preference for the slightly more food options and dining table was available in this lounge. Overall, I enjoyed my time at the lounge and off to my next! 

For my lounge visit at Mumbai (Adani Lounge), click here.

For my next trip report (Vistara A320neo flight from MAA to DEL), click here

Thanks for reading and have a good one! 
Charles 

No comments:

Post a Comment